I am fortunate to have an incredibly career
For more than a decade now, my professional work has focused on my career as an independent, non-executive director. My current board appointments include –
I am also an Adjunct Professor at the QUT School of Business.
I am honoured to have contributed to the community through numerous voluntary roles including as a board member of Layne Beachley’s Foundation, SheStarts, Queensland Theatre Company, Queensland Rugby Union, a mentor with Science and Technology Australia’s Superstars of STEM program and Chair of the Women’s Agenda Leadership Awards
Business Leaders Hall of Fame interview highlights
Highlights of my career journey, International Women's Day
As a young 17 year old, I chose to begin my career in the military and attended the Australian Defence Force Academy where I trained to become an Officer in the Royal Australian Air Force. After being fortunate to have graduated as Dux of my Air Force graduating class, I was posted to an F-111 Squadron at RAAF Base Amberley.
While I thoroughly enjoyed my military career, I then moved into civilian leadership roles including to a large corporate law firm in executive roles before becoming CEO of an international consulting firm, Sentis, which was comprised primarily of psychologists.
I continue to draw on my experience in leading vastly different groups of people and different cultures, whether leading military personnel or lawyers or psychologists, and apply that to my leadership now.
Honours and Awards
I am humbled and grateful to have been recognised with the following honours and awards –
* Best Management & HR Book of the Year – Aust Business Book Awards (2019)
* Queensland Award for Excellence in Women’s Leadership (2018)
* Safety Institute of Australia Dr Eric Wigglesworth Medal (2015)
* Australian Financial Review 100 Women of Influence (2014)
* Aust Institute of Management Brisbane Young Manager of the Year (2005)
* Australian Defence Medal (1998)
* Aust Defence Force Academy Chief of Defence Force Air Force Prize (1993)
I have graduated with these University degrees –
* Doctor of Philosophy – Queensland University of Technology
* Bachelor of Laws (Honours) – Queensland University of Technology
* Bachelor of Arts (Honours) – University of New South Wales
I was honoured to receive the QUT Colin Brain Governance Fellowship for my PhD research.
I am a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and a graduate of both the Company Director Course and International Company Director Course.
I have also been honoured to have received the following –